- This event has passed.
Webinar Understanding ADHD
23.09.2023 @ 11:00 - 13:00
An event every week that begins at 11:00 on Miðvikudagur, happening 2 times
For English-speaking adults and parents of children with ADHD
The purpose of the webinar is to provide an overview and practical insight into attention deficit hyperactivity disorder in adults and children. The two-part webinar is designed to cater to participants with the necessary information and tools to better understand their ADHD or/and support their kids.
The Two-Part webinar is two hours long each and takes place on Saturdays.
Date and time:
First webinar is on September 23rd and the second webinar on September 30th, both starting at 11:00 – 13.00.
The webinars major topic’s
- ADHD: The three major types of ADHD; symptoms and signs. ADHD in different stages in life, and how it can manifest differently in men/boys and women/girls.
- Executive Function: How can ADHD affect your life? How does executive function influence memory, self-control, emotional management, and social development? And how to distinguish between a reason and an excuse.
- Diagnoses: How to get diagnosed? The benefits of getting diagnosed. Coming to terms with having ADHD or your child having ADHD and finding sufficient support. How does having a neurodivergent brain affect self-esteem? What are the co-existing conditions and what to do about them?
- Strengths: Understanding ADHD; the interest-based nervous system, boredom and attention, problems v.s possibilities, strengths, and super strengths. The sensitive adult/child and how motivation makes all the difference.
- Understanding your own / your child’s ADHD: How can ADHD affect you at school/work and in different social situations? Situational variabilities, concentration and interest, neurotypical v.s neurodivergent, the most common learning difficulties, and how the ADHD brain learns best.
- Practical information: How to get the support you need. Social interactions and how to socialize or support your kids in making friends? Treatment options. ADHD parenting tips and how to become the parent your child needs.
The speakers and the webinar’s creators
ADHD and Autistic Coach & Special educator (Developmental Therapist)
Kristbjörg Kona Kristjánsdóttir
More info and regestration here.
Members within the ADHD association receive a discount on seminar fees. If you would like to become a member you can do it here: https://www.adhd.is/is/styrkja/gerast-felagsmadur-adhd
Einnig er hægt að hafa samband við ADHD samtökin, 581 1110 eða email@example.com